Sunday, May 8, 2011

Home

Greetings from home, sweet home! After almost 36 hours of flights and layovers in airports we are back home. We pulled into the driveway about 12:15am. I (Joel) finally drifted off to sleep around 1:30am. We slept until about 7:30am. I could hear the pitter patter of little feet and voices of boys excited to have their Mom and Pop home. We'll post again soon with some more tales of our adventures. Today is recovery from jet lag day, a meal out for Mother's Day and that's about it. Tomorrow it's back to work. And of course, we'll be kicking it into high gear to get documents done for court. For now, it's great to be home. We miss our little one, but hope and pray that we'll be reunited with him soon! Thanks again for all of your prayers!

Love,

Joel & Clarion

9 comments:

  1. So glad you made the trip safely. I talked to Slav earlier in the day yesterday, and he was missing you and his mom. He sounds so grown up already.
    I am praying that you, Clarion, and the little one in Vlad do not have much longer to wait.
    Welcome home, and a Happy Mother's Day to your wife and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed after that kind of travel. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day with your boys! Praying for God's speed in gathering your documents and getting a court date!
    -JennStar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that you'll return soon to get your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I found out about your adoption on Melissa's blog. I'm very behind on blogs this year, but I wanted to be sure to come by and send you my wishes for your adoption! I'm so thrilled and excited that so many families are returning to Russia (and Vlad) to adopt again!

    Blessings,

    Carey (Russian Fairy Tale)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home safely and SO glad you were able to get Desitin to Artyem as well. I wish our little boy had it when he was in.. he had such bad rashes. Praying for your court date to come as quickly as possible!! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you made it home safely! I hope the return to Vladivostok will be soon as I know the wait can be hard. I look forward to returning there in October for a visit. Miss the folks there a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled upon your blog. My husband and I are just starting to look into adopting from Russia. We are also from Staunton. It's great to know someone from your town has already gone through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home. I enjoyed hearing about your trip. I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congradulations on the new family!

    ReplyDelete