Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday of Week 2 in Vlad

We went to the baby home at the same time today. We left just before 9am. When we got there, Irina told me that I would be alone with the little guy outside today. She was going to run some errands in Artem City. When they brought him out, he fussed his usual minute, probably not even that long, then he became his sober self. I think we're making progress though.

We had a nice time outside walking, playing with toys, looking at family pictures, etc. Unfortunately about thirty minutes into the visit, he peed in his pants, unbeknownst to me at first. They didn't have a diaper on the poor little guy today, so his tights and his shorts were soaked. I decided to wait a bit before taking him in because I wasn't sure I'd get him back after going inside. After a few minutes I took him in and explained in the best Russian I could muster up, "On peesat" (He peed). The lady at the front desk was really nice and smiled and said something ???? Papa. Who knows what. Anyway, that was the last I saw of my boy. She explained a few minutes later that it was lunchtime. I didn't understand everything she said, but I pretty much got the point. Soon after, Irina was back and we made our way back to the hotel.

I had a quiet afternoon Wednesday at the VMI. It's now Thursday morning. I'm up in the White Rabbit again. I'm definitely the odd man out here (no wife or child with me). A couple of families have left for home, another leaves at noon today. I'll get some work done this morning, then hopefully get out of here this afternoon, maybe spend some time down at the beach. Right now it's a bit cloudy. I don't see any sunshine out the window. But I don't think we're expecting rain today, thankfully. They're turning the water off at the VMI from 2:30-4:30pm today. The city has been doing some work on the pipes.

That's about it for now. I'll be visiting my little boy again Friday morning. My mom arrives on Sunday. Things are looking up! Catch ya later!

Joel


3 comments:

  1. I know you'll look forward to your mom coming! I love the teaser photo!! Take care!! (Rachel, Troy and Daniel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry a diaper in your pocket on Friday just in case. The peeing was just because he was so excited to see his papa.
    I hope all goes well with your mom's flight tomorrow. This will be a new adventure for her. All of you be safe, enjoy, and take in all that you can see in Moscow.
    Love you, Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joel

    Our son is at the Artem Baby Home. He has just turned 1. I was wondering if you saw him or were able to see him. I can send you a photo so you might recognise him You can email me at samwoodruffe@xtra.co.nz
    Thanks
    Shona Woodruffe

    ReplyDelete